The Canadian Immunodeficiencies Patient Organization wishes to invite interested candidates to submit their application to join the CIPO Board of Directorsfor 2018-2020 term.
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals whose experience and skill set includes one or a combination of the following:
- Finance, accounting, bookeeping
- Grant writing
- Public relations, communications
- Nonprofit, governance, management, administration experience
Board Member Expectations:
- Support the organization’s mission, purposes, goals, policies, and programs while knowing its strengths and needs.
- Attend bi-monthly board meetings (via teleconference) and one in-person meeting throughout the year.
- Prepare for and participate actively in conference calls, telephone and email communications between these meetings, both with other Board members and CIPO staff as necessary.
- Contribute to activities and events hosted by the organization whenever possible.
- Support CIPO’s provincial activities respective to location
- Be fully apprised of CIPO’s policies and positions to serve as spokesperson when requested and feasible.
- Suggest volunteers to the Board who have attributes and commitment to make significant contributions to the work of the CIPO and the progress of the organization.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: September 10, 2018